Ocean Rafting – Southern Lights Tour
Adult: $174 (15+)
Child: $112 (2-14)
Ride, beach, snorkel and bushwalk…all in one day! Ocean Rafting’s Southern Lights tour offers the perfect Whitehaven Beach tour, visiting both ends of the world famous beach, enjoying approximately two hours relaxing at south Whitehaven.
“THE ORIGINAL AND MOST AWARDED TOUR IN THE WHITSUNDAYS”
Multi award winning Ocean Rafting visits the “Wild Side” of the Whitsunday Islands, the uninhabited islands with beautiful natural scenery brimming with marine, bird and animal life. The Ocean Rafting’s Southern Lights tour offers the perfect Whitehaven Beach tour, visiting both ends of the world famous beach and enjoying approximately two hours relaxing at the southern end of the 7km stretch of Whitehaven Beach.
At the northern end of Whitehaven Beach, enjoy a guided bushwalk to spectacular Hill Inlet Lookout to view and capture photographs of the stunning swirling silica sands and aqua water. Ocean Rafting is the only tour to have direct access to all areas of the stunning and iconic Hill Inlet beach to ensure you enjoy the most memorable experience of this special place. Snorkel for over an hour at one of our “secret” snorkel spots and enjoy the amazing hard and soft corals of the fringing reefs, as well as a huge range of marine life including colourful fish, turtles, clams and so much more, all of which call the inner coral reefs home.
Ocean Rafting has the fastest day boats in the Whitsundays, meaning it is not only an adventurous ride, but distances are covered in a shorter time, leaving more time for activities. The semi rigid inflatable vessels are super fast allowing guests to experience a fun ride, adventure and education amongst the natural beauty of the Whitsundays. You can see why we call it three days in one!
The main difference between Ocean Rafting’s two tours is that the Northern Exposure offers more snorkelling time and the Southern Lights has more beach time.
Ocean Rafting has been operating since 1997 and is proud to have special permits allowing its vessels to visit protected areas in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. The Skipper and Eco Host will ensure guests have a fun filled adventure and personalised service with snorkel lessons and a guided National Park walk in the Whitsunday Islands. Tours depart from Coral Sea Marina, Northern Village and courtesy coach pickups are included.
- Visit to Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet
- Guided National Park walks
- Inner fringing coral reef snorkelling
- Personalised snorkel instruction
- Use of snorkel equipment and flotation devices
- Reef and island naturalist talks
- Courtesy bus transfers
- Fresh Tropical Lunch Pack
- Fresh Tropical Lunch Pack
- Sunsuit/Wetsuit Hire
- Prescription Mask Hire
- Soft Drinks/Juice
What to Bring:
- A beach bag including a towel, hat and shoes.
- A jacket during winter to protect you from wind and for warmth after snorkelling.
- Cameras in a waterproof case or Tupperware.
- Cash for water, soft drinks, beer, fruit juices and chocolates for sale on board.
- If you have chosen not to have our fresh tropical lunch pack, please ensure that you bring your own as we do not visit any resorts during the day.
- A sense of humour is always welcome!