Bike and Hike – South Molle
Ages 14+ • 5hrs • Small Group • Beginner level and above
Ride the only mountain bike trail in the Whitsunday Islands National Park
This is a 5-hour tour with approximately 2.5-3 hours of riding.
Ride the only mountain bike trail in the Whitsunday Islands National Park. This flowing easy-to-ride trail is situated in the heart of the Whitsunday Islands on South Molle Island. Starting with a short boat transfer to the island, this feels like an adventure in the Whitsundays from the get-go. We will then ride to three of the most spectacular views of the Whitsunday Island group, Mt. Jeffery’s, Spur on Cob and Balancing Rock. At each lookout we’ll have a short break to snack/drink, take in the epic scenery and take a few photos. Along the way, we will experience some of the area’s most interesting cultural sites, history, natural wonders and wildlife. After 2-3 hours of riding and exploring, we will arrive back at Sandy Bay. Here you can enjoy an icy cold drink and a swim in the ocean while we wait for our boat ride back to the mainland.
- A tailor-made tour based on the groups riding experience level and need for an adrenaline-pumping adventure or a scenic cruise.
- The latest top of the line Trek Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike, Powerfly 4 or Rail 7.
- 1 litre+ water bottle to keep you hydrated while on tour and an icy cold drink at the finish.
- Locally produced natural and nutritious snacks to keep your energy up for the adventure.
- Small group numbers for a better experience.
- Knowledgeable, experienced and friendly tour guide.
- Safety riding helmet and gloves.
- Two-way radio for inter-group communication.
- Safety briefing prior to tour departure.
- National Parks, Marine Parks and local fees.
- Return shuttle bus transfer departing Airlie Beach.
- Return boat transfers to South Molle Island.
What to bring:
- A small backpack/hydration pack.
- Closed-toe shoes.
- Sun protective clothing, sunscreen, hat and sunglasses/alternative eye protection.
- A camera to capture the epic scenery.
- Light jacket or raincoat on overcast days.
- Swimwear/Stinger Suit and a small lightweight towel.
Things to know:
- This is not a learn to ride tour, you MUST be able to ride a bike.
- Closed-toe shoes must be worn while on tour.
- Eye protection such as sunglasses must be worn while riding.
- Minimum age of 14 years old is required for tours.
- Tours are graded from green to blue to black for experience and fitness levels required.
- Maximum weight of participant is 110kg.
- Bring some cash for extra refreshments.
- If we do not supply it, and you need it, bring it. There are no shops where we go adventuring.