Bike and Hike – Ancient Rainforest Trail
Ages 14+ • 4 hours • Trail Grade Green/Blue • Beginner and Above Riders
Take a ride through the ancient tropical rainforest of Conway National Park, a rainforest which is older than the Whitsunday Islands themselves
This is a 4-hour tour with approximately 2 – 2.5 hours of riding.
Rising steeply behind Airlie Beach the Conway Ranges and Peninsular provide a 35km backdrop to the Whitsunday Islands and Whitsunday Passage. This park includes the rainforest-clad Conway Peninsula and protects the largest area of lowland tropical rainforest in Queensland outside Tropical North Queensland. Over tens of thousands of years and through climate fluctuations, the rainforest has persisted here, providing a continuous refuge for native plants and wildlife. Also providing a region for traditional land owners, the Ngaro and Gia people to roam the forests, harvesting riches of the land and the adjoining sea country.
This riding experience will be a highlight of your trip. As we climb and descend 15km along old logging tracks and across two seasonal creeks into the valleys of Conway National Park, we will learn about the ancient rainforest wilderness and wildlife from our experienced guides. Enjoy 2-2.5 hours of riding and exploring on this 4 hour tour. Where you’ll have the chance to see some of Australia’s magnificent flora and fauna, all while cruising on one of our top of the line Trek electric mountain bikes.
- A tailor made tour based on the groups riding experience level and need for a adrenaline pumping adventure or a scenic cruise.
- The latest top of the line Trek Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike, Powerfly 4 or Rail 7.
- 1 litre+ water bottle to keep you hydrated while on tour and a icy cold drink at the finish.
- Locally produced natural and nutritious snacks to keep your energy up for the adventure.
- Small group numbers for a better experience.
- Knowledgeable, experience and friendly tour guide.
- Safety riding helmet and gloves.
- Two-way radio for inter- group communication.
- Safety briefing prior to tour departure.
- National Parks and local fees.
- Return shuttle bus transfer departing Airlie Beach.
What to bring:
- A small backpack/hydration pack.
- Closed-toe shoes.
- Sun protective clothing, sunscreen, hat and sunglasses/alternative eye protection.
- A camera to capture the epic scenery.
- Light jacket or raincoat on overcast days.
- Small lightweight towel.
Things to know:
- This is not a learn to ride tour, you MUST be able to ride a bike.
- Closed-toe shoes must be worn while on tour.
- Eye protection such as sunglasses must be worn while riding.
- Minimum age of 14 years old is required for tours.
- Tours are graded from green to blue to black for experience and fitness levels required.
- Maximum weight of participant is 110kg.
- Bring some cash for extra refreshments.
- If we do not supply it, and you need it, bring it. There are no shops where we go adventuring.